Hi everyone…Sandi back again today to show you just how diverse the beautiful 7 Dots Collection are!
Yes they are amazing for layouts, tags and cards but today I going to share a tutorial on something a little different and very easy to make!
This a wood sign that now sits in my kitchen and I thought the quote was cute!
OK…time to share the process. If you dont have the same supplies, there are lots of ways to improvise!
- I started out with a old piece of Pine board with jagged edges and it measured 11.25″ x 5.5″. You can use whatever size you like!
2. I then stained the board with Dark Walnut stain that I had on hand but it would also look great painted with your favorite color or a color that coordinates with your decor. Allow to dry.
3. I choose to use the “Cotton” paper from the Nature walk Collection because of it’s beautiful neutral color and pattern.
4. Because of the jagged edges, I placed the board top side down onto the paper and traced the shape with a pencil. Remember that the side of the paper you want to show must also be facing down.(I learned that one the hard way 🙂
5.I then cut slightly smaller than the drawn line because I wanted the wood edge to show.
6. Ink the edges of the paper. I used Prima inks Old Road and Dy Sand.
7. Using a sponge brush, apply a generous coat of Mod Podge to the board.
8. While the glue is still wet, apply the paper to the board and smooth out any bubbles with an old credit card. Then apply another coat of mod Podge to the top of the paper and let dry
9. I then used my Silhouette Cameo and designed this quote. If you dont have a cutting machine you can also use all those Alpha stickers you have in your stash. Or if you are really good(I am not) do it by hand!
I used vinyl but you can also use cardstock .
10. Transfer the quote to the board. I then added more ink to the edges and blended with the board.
I then added a jute bow along the bottom and all done. You can also embellish with flowers or with whatever your heart desires.
Here it is sitting on my ladder shelf in the kitchen
I hope you are inspired by my easy tutorial and Happy Scrapping!!