Hello dear readers,
Today I would like to deal with you some tips on altering book bindings. This is the way how I tranformed a dull cover of Encyclopedia.
1. Start with choosing the right background paper. I like this one for its vintage feel and balanced tones. Trim edges according covers.
2. Cut some circle-shaped elements and arrange them randomly. Mine are gathered from various collections and dedicated to encyclopedia entries, but all coordinating patterns serve well here. Then apply a thick coat of paste using a bird mask and a pallete knife.
3. To get more dimentional look use another mask but try a glaze instead of gesso. Why not to use mists, glitter or ink here.
4. Trace the circles with a fine liner and start stamping. My stamps of choice are usually vintage and hand writing related. New collections are filled with tattered fonts and ephemeral elements.
5. Glue the whole to bindings and finish edges with washi tapes. Add some sparkling with pearl paint or other embelishments. Done!